Can’t imagine life without your best furry friend? Then it shouldn’t even be a question to include your pup on the most important day of your life. Read through these 12 ways to include your four-legged sidekick on your wedding day for ideas!
In Love by Bina
1. Even if your venue has a strict “no pets” policy, there are still ways to make sure your pup gets to participate in the partying. Invite your dog to your bridal shower or bachelorette party; animals at parties are an instant crowd favorite and that sweet puppy will happily soak up all the attention!
2. Keep your pet around while you’re getting ready! This won’t cause anxiety for your dog like a crowd could, and you have the chance to get sweet pictures like this one. It’d be nice for someone to actually capture how exceptionally adorable the pair of you are for once, right?
Emilia Jane Photography
3. Dress them up for the occasion. They might steal all the attention away from you in their little bow tie or pearls, but you won’t mind. They’re your best friend, and they deserve it for being so darn cute.
Lacie Hansen Photography
4. Have them escort your flower girls or ring bearers down the aisle. They’re a member of your family so they should be apart of the wedding party, too. Add some greenery and babies breath to a thick rope like in the picture above and they’ll fit right in.
Zofia & Co.
5. Include them in the ceremony by having them stand with the groomsmen or bridesmaids. Or sit or lay – humans can’t quite get away with that casual of an appearance at weddings the way animals can. (We are loving the Sperrys and suspenders these groomsmen wore, though!)
Laura Murray Photography
6. Definitely have them in the pictures with you and your groom! Whether you do formals beforehand with your pup or on the day of the wedding, you won’t regret it after getting those pictures of your pooch back. Remember this photoshoot with multiple puppies?
KT Merry Photography
7. Extend your theme and colors through your dog via ribbons and matching florals. Bonus if your dog’s tongue is one of your wedding colors!
Carmen Santorelli Studio
And double bonus if their fur matches your wedding colors.
Zac Wolf Photography
8. If you aren’t able to bring your pet to the actual event, consider finding alternative ways to remember them throughout your wedding. For example, the picture above captured the cute idea of using your dog’s picture on table number cards. It’s sentimental and sweet, just like a wedding should be.
Taylor Lord Photography
9. Another way of making sure your absent pet is remembered is to serve cookies that look like them! Your guests will appreciate the symbolism and the sugar.
Anna Kim Photography
10. Cut the cake with your puppy! They’ll be more than happy to lick your icing-covered nose clean.
11. Incorporate them in your cake topper or on a custom thank you note to your guests. Or even on a napkin! Way cuter than just you and your groom’s names. We love this whimsical puppy couple cake topper!
Jodi Miller Photography
12. And finally, make sure they get their turn on the dance floor!
Let us know which of these tips you liked in the comments! Or tell us how you included your dog in your wedding – we love personal wedding stories, especially ones that include puppies!